Hellenic Balint Society / IBF Member
Welcome to the Balint Hellenic Society, a non-profit organization inspired by the concepts and methodology of Michael Balint and dedicated, -according to the standards of the international Balint community- to the primary aim of promoting the research and knowledge of the psychological aspects of physician-patient, psychologist-patient relationships, as those from other workers in health-, and social care sectors, and supporting the positive outcome of treatment/collaboration with the patient/client through the analysis of their relationships with the Balint group technique.
In accord to the standards of the international Balint Federation, the main Aims of the Greek Balint Society are:
- Developing and supporting professionals who lead or are members of Balint groups.
- Promoting the educational activities of the Society and encouraging and increasing the participation in them.
- Teaching the use and effectiveness of Balint groups.
- The Society follows the standards of the International Balint Federation
In collaboration with,
- renowned Balint group leaders with years of experience and
- with University Professors of Medicine and Psychology,
the Hellenic Balint Society is committed to filling the gap of education in our country and establishing a framework of registered quality standards and training, equal to the standards of the intentional Balint community, for:
- the training of Balint group leaders;
- the education of professionals; and
- for the already existing in Greece individual efforts to promote Greek Balint groups.
“It is important to learn the person who has a disease rather than the disease that a person has.”
The International Balint Federation
The International Balint Federation (IBF) was founded in 1972 in Paris by the merger of the French partnership (founded in 1967), the English (founded 1969), the Italian (founded in 1971) and the Belgian company Balint (founded in 1971).
The objectives of IBF are:
To connect the member countries and keep them in constant communication;
- Promote the development of Balint method and Balint Societies throughout the world;
- Advise Balint group leaders and create a model for their training;
- Organize international conferences to present and discuss new research results and Balint projects from different countries;
- Integrate the Balint method into the education of doctors around the world.